Each year, The Federation’s June conferences are an opportunity to examine current and emerging issues—the things that you, our members, have told us you want to hear more about. But after 15 solid months of working through a chaotic pandemic with little control or understanding, what we need to address is the state we are all in.
That’s why this year’s June event is called REFILLING YOUR BASKET and is focused on stories and practices and activities (and prizes) that we hope will help to restore and inspire you and your colleagues. The Federation team has designed this afternoon with care and intention to provide a virtual event that will add and create rather than consume energy.
This event will celebrate our accomplishments, share stories of compassion and commitment, and create moments of joy and surprise and delight—refilling your basket with restorative energy and ideas.
What to Expect
We at The Federation believe that acknowledging and celebrating what this sector has accomplished and overcome over the past year will give us renewed courage and confidence both in yourselves and each other. 2020 truly was a year like no other. Not just because of the pandemic or because of the social upheaval, but because of the way this group of committed and compassionate people came together to build a stronger, more sustainable, more caring place for all of us to live. This event is about acknowledging, celebrating, and embodying that spirit.
Dr. Dustin Louie, the instructor of The Federation’s Transformative Reconciliation program will host our opening ceremony and introduce our theme of restoration.
Stories from the sector will celebrate and honour the amazing things we have done throughout the pandemic—stories about staff volunteering for longer shifts to ensure vulnerable community members are cared for, about innovative and creative ways of serving clients, about organizations cooperating and supporting one another in new and nimble ways.
A virtual scavenger and/or treasure hunt will create fun and excitement, lead you through interesting and inspiring breakout rooms, create opportunities to connect with colleagues, and let you win PRIZES.
Breakout rooms hosted by Federation members will share new, inspiring, and promising practices, honour the work of colleagues, harvest knowledge and insight that has helped people get through the past year, and host fun party games.
An online dance party will close out the event—and yes, there are more PRIZES to be won.
Thank you to Schmunk Gatt Smith & Associates and FortisBC for sponsoring this event to ensure that Federation members can participate at a low cost (and for contributing to the scavenger hunt). Both Schmunk Gatt Smith & Associates and FortisBC will have breakout rooms where they will share information about their programs for non-profits and/or low-income families.
1. If you register online and you choose the “pay by check” option, your registration confirmation is your invoice, and payment is due upon receipt. Please ensure that your payment reaches The Federation office PRIOR to the date of the event. If payment is not received in our office by the start of the event, you will be invoiced for your registered amount PLUS a $25.00 administration fee.
2. Registrants who cancel 30+ days prior to the event will receive a refund less $25.00 per person administration fee. Registrants who cancel 15-30 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund less $25.00 per person administration fee. There will be no refund issued if cancellation occurs within 0-14 days of the event. Relevant dates for each event will be posted on the event registration page.
3. If you register online and choose the “pay by check” option and do not cancel within the above-noted time frames (see #2), you are responsible for the registration fee and will be invoiced accordingly.
4.Registrations are transferable to a different person for the same event. Please contact The Federation office for assistance with this. Registrations are not transferable to another event.
5. Registrations made after the on-line closing date and non-registered at-door arrivals (space permitting) will be invoiced at the full event rate plus a $25.00 per person administration fee.
6. Credit card payment is accepted on-line only and is not accepted at the door.
Follow us online for daily news, social sector events, job postings, conference videos, and more.
About The Federation
The Federation of Community Social Services of BC has been a provincial leader in the child, youth, adult, and family serving field for 30 years. We’re community social service champions. We provide tools and supports that enable BC's community social services to do their best work. Read more »