Options Community Services SocietyAgency Location
Surrey, BCContact Person
Vancouver/Lower MainlandPosition/Job Title
Assistant Program ManagerProgram
Family Enhancement ProgramService Area
The FEP increases the parenting capacity of Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) referred families, decreasing the potential of their children entering the care of the Ministry. Services and supports are required to promote family well-being and support family transitions, including reunifications. This will be addressed by assisting parents and caregivers in finding ways in meeting the physical, emotional and developmental needs of their children to enhance safety and well-being.
The Assistant Program Manager/Group coordinator with work alongside the Program Manager in the day-to-day operations and management of the FEP team. The team consists of FEP Counsellors, FEP Clinical Counsellors, and FEP Supportive Visitation Workers.
Responsibilities include,hiring and training new staff, providing support and direction to staff, liaising with our funder and other community partners, and adhering to all Options Community Services Policies and Procedures.
The planning and coordination of Psychoeducational groups (Men’s & Women’s Anger Management, Women’s Empowerment) which include the development, scheduling, registration, and promotion of groups. Facilitating groups and/or maintaining a one-to-one client case loadand filling in for the Program Manager (if required).
The ability to communicate in a second language will be considered an asset.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adhere to the policies, procedures and standards of Options Community Services Society (OCS).
• Participate in agency and program specific quality improvement initiatives (PQI).
• Assistant in all day-to-day operations and management of the FEP. This includes, hiring and training new staff, providing support and direction to staff, liaising with our funder and other community partners.
• Leading the planning, and coordination of program groups which include the development, scheduling, registration, and promotion of groups.
• Facilitating groups and/or maintaining a one-to-one client case load (if required).
• Work in collaboration with client, MCFD, Program Manager, FEP Counsellor, FEP Clinical Counsellors, and Supportive Visitation Workers to establish goals and interventions strategies that are relevant, and clear.
• Maintain current knowledge of counselling modalities, best practices in relation to the target population, culturally agile service provision, trauma informed interventions and practice.
• Develop and implement service plans and programs necessary to meet client goals and objectives.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of community resources and provide appropriate community referrals to clients.
• Participate in Integrated Case Management as needed, including transition and discharge planning.
• Maintain client and service records in accordance with MCFD requirements, COA standards and agency policy.
• Increasing informal and natural support networks and community connectedness.
• Arranging for extended family member involvement if appropriate.
• Provide statistical and narrative reports on services.
• Possess a willingness to learn more about, and show respect for, the clients’ worldview, belief systems and means of problem solving in order to collaboratively develop and sustain culturally sensitive and agile interventions.Job Posting Date
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or combination of education, training, and management experience with low, moderate, and high-risk families.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and/or a team is an asset.
• Group facilitation experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of family-systems, trauma-informed practice, attachment theory, behaviour management theory, child/family development, grief and loss, substance use, and mental health issues.
• Providing service using psycho-social, solution-focused intervention through a various modalities (i.e. mentoring, modelling, coaching, and journaling).
• Providing emotional support, advocacy, and practical information on parenting, which may include life-skills training, parenting skills, child development, family communication, stress management, interpersonal skills, family functioning, household management, and/or effects and issues for families related to intimate partner violence.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to an appropriately insured personal vehicle for work purposes.Experience and Skills
• Positive, professional, non-judgmental attitude.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a professional dynamic team.
• Required to conduct oneself in a professional manner, upholding the ethical standards of the Society.
• High degree of flexibility and initiative.
• Demonstrated effectiveness as both a leader and part of a staff team.
• Demonstrated proficiency in written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop program related reference and resource materials.
• Commitment to a problem-solving and strength-based approach.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to reflect on and improve professional practice.
• Crisis Line experience an asset.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months. [Eligible applicants may be offered a casual position]Days and Hours of Work
Permanent Full Time (35 hours per week)Wage & Salary
Comprehensive benefit package & MPP after 3 monthsApplication Requirements
CLOSING DATE: Resumes will be reviewed starting February 18, 2020 but the posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice.
No phone calls please.
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21506] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.
NOTE: Applicants not selected for an interview will not necessarily be notified. Options Community Services Society is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce.How to Submit Application
PLEASE APPLY TO: Arjan Manhas, Senior Program Manager
Options Community Services Society