Days and Hours of Work
Permanent Full Time (35 hours per week)Experience and Skills
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Demonstrated work experience in providing supervision and work direction to building managers and contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve work related conflicts and problems immediately on site.
• Knowledge of and experience with word processing, spreadsheet, database software and property management programs.
• Thorough understanding of the principles and practices of residential property management services, in particular relating to affordable housing delivery.
• Extensive knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and rules and regulations, policies and procedures related to social housing management.
• Sound judgment and initiative to resolve problems.
• Sound knowledge of facility management and building maintenance practices.
• Demonstrated ability to direct complex tasks of contracts, sub-trades and building managers.
• Ability to prepare and write reports and letters.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to organize the workload and maintain flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and, at times, in a difficult and challenging public environment.
• Crisis Line experience an asset.Educational Qualifications
• Minimum seven (7) years experience and a Supervisory role.
• Certificate or Diploma in Property Management or related field.
• Diploma related to the area of building maintenance and construction.
• Five (5) years experience in a property management environment (e.g. in social housing) including direct experience working in and with construction trades/maintenance and in conducting building and project inspections.
• Valid BC Driver’s Licence and reliable vehicle with business insurance.
• Valid First Aid Certificate.Wage & Salary
Comprehensive benefit package & MPP after 3 monthsHow to Submit Application
Slinder Balaggan, Deputy Executive Director
Options Community Services Society
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgApplication Requirements
Please include a cover letter clearly indicating the posting number [#A21304] and outlining your qualifications and related experience for the position.An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months. Resumes will be reviewed starting [April 2, 2019] but the posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice. No phone calls please.
NOTE: Options Community Services Society is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Applicants not selected for an interview will not necessarily be notified.Application Deadline
19/04/2019Job Posting Date
Vancouver/Lower MainlandContact Person
Vanessa MastersAgency Location
Surrey, BCPosition/Job Title
Senior Property ManagerProgram
Ted Khun TowersDescription
Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director (DED), the Senior Property Manager (SPM) is responsible for all aspects of regular routine maintenance for the development known as Ted Kuhn Towers to which s/he has been assigned as well as overseeing tenant management, engagement, programs, practices, and procedures. Under the direction of the DED, the SPM administers the designated annual operating budget cost categories and provides input into budget preparation for operational requirements, maintenance cost associations as well as Replacement Reserves and Modernization and Improvement support funds. The SPM is also responsible to provide support and guidance to the other managers in the execution of their duties.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For every building within the assigned property portfolio, the Senior Property Manager:
• Schedules, conducts and reports to Deputy Executive Director (DED) on annual suite inspections.
• Ensures that all required work identified during annual suite inspections is completed in a timely fashion and within budget.
• Supervises the daily operations of buildings and managers and their staff; ensures that the work is completed efficiently and meets OCS / HHS standards of cleanliness and maintenance.
• Monitors the progress of unit turnovers and supports building managers as needed to utilize resources effectively and efficiently to meet targets and deadlines.
• Monitors the progress and status of service requests entered into Ameresco software system to ensure full utilization of the system realized and improvements on maintenance delivery models identified and acted on.
• Organizes and facilitates regular visits to each building at least once each month to inspect interior common areas, building exteriors and grounds; follows up to ensure any identified maintenance work is carried out.
• Ensures required program and maintenance materials are delivered to the sites in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all buildings and grounds comply with local bylaws, regulations and building codes.
• Ensures that service contracts are conducted according to the requirements of warranties and guarantees for the preservation of assets.
• Prepares or instructs the Property Assistant or Building Manager to prepare work orders to address identified maintenance problems.
• Prepares scope of work, or has scope of work prepared by technical advisor, and negotiates contracts for all work performed by outside agents that do not meet capital improvement criteria.
• Oversees contractors on-site, including receiving confirmation of adequate insurance and WCB coverage, as well as directing the work, inspecting the work and resolving deficiencies in the work.
• Inspects maintenance projects to ensure compliance with WorksafeBC requirements and to ensure all required manuals, plans, policy manuals, etc. are accounted for and up to date.
• Ensures that occupational health and safety standards are met.
• Works co-operatively with site managers to ensure the smooth flow of administrative and operational activities are responsive and appropriate.
• Ensures timely scheduling of contracted annual and ongoing maintenance inspections and servicing.
• Provides monthly portfolio reports to the Deputy Executive Director.
• Provides guidance and mentoring to site managers as needed to support appropriate application of resources are monitored and maintained; that programs and operational areas operate effectively and are fiscally responsive.
• Keeps up to date on current trends in property management, social housing, harm reductions, residential tenancy legislation and other relevant fields and ensures that all OCS/HHS property managers are informed of such trends.
• Supervises the Property Assistant and provides guidance and training where needed.
• Ensures building and program operations comply with all required Privacy and Occupational Health and Safety standards and regulations including WHMIS, Bullying and Harassment Awareness, Privacy Act, and Food Safe.
• Ensures monthly workplace Hazard Inspections are completed and forwarded to the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Maintains an inventory of needed janitorial, office and program supplies and replenishes as needed.
• Communicates regularly with residents, employees and OCS/HHS head office.
• Other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
• Interviews and selects residents based on program criteria, suitability for the building, and confirmation of third party support for mental health or addiction issues.
• Ensures the completion of Tenancy Agreement/Program Participant Agreement and move-in condition inspection reports and critical tenant information is gathered and maintained.
• Ensures that move-in and move-out inspections are carried out in a timely manner and that appropriate documentation is produced and records updated accordingly.
• Provides input into the development, co-ordination, and delivery of appropriate programming to meet the support needs of residents.
• Builds positive relationships with residents and supports their personal development, encouraging healthy life choices and involvement in building and resident activities.
• Identifies tenant-related issues that may arise regarding suite maintenance or compliance with tenancy agreement and follows up with appropriate responsive action.
• Liaises with the Property Assistant to ensure that all tenant and maintenance related items are efficiently and accurately tracked; rental amount calculations, resident breaches of agreements, rent collection, contractor call outs and transactions, work orders, data entry into various computer systems, building and unit maintenance, etc.
• Maintains manual and computerized records and documentation of interactions with residents, statistical data and individual resident files.
• Ensures all tenant related interactions and support documents are tracked in the Arcori system.
• Oversees the collection of rents payments and rental arrears and informs DED of any issues or trends that require further corrective action.
• Oversees tenancy management and addresses unacceptable resident behaviour including verbal and written warnings when required.
• Ensures the issuance of Notice to End Tenancy forms for non payments or agreement breaches to bring about required change in resident behaviour.
• Monitors and regulates the flow of residents and visitors to the building to ensure the safety and security of residents, contractors and staff.
• Liaises with community agencies such as police and reports suspicious activities in or around the building.
• Deals with emergencies and ensures incident reports are accurately completed by witnesses, staff, or contractors and submits promptly to DED.
• Expertly executes program management tasks in collaboration with the Program Manager, including issue and risk management, building complex multi-phase program schedules, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall program status.
• Proposes potential solutions when faced with a new complex problem, even where little or no precedent exists, considering the needs of all collaborative groups, external and internal stakeholders and budget constraints.
• Leverages resources outside own group to solve problems and achieve results.
• Effective stakeholder management as well as financial literacy of program parameters and operational budgets.
• Builds strong partnerships with third-party solution providers and service providers.
• Managing all aspects of complex, large-scale supportive housing programming in a highly sensitive environment often through a consultative and collaborative process.
• Developing and implementing effective programs, processes, procedures, and schedules for meeting project and program deliverables and resident’s needs.
• Working with the Program Manager to ensure that all program plans and schedules are viable; that the residents, support workers, workshop facilitators et al. understands their roles and deadlines, and that clear lines of communication are established.
• Chairing and facilitating high-level resident and team meetings with multiple participants and guiding discussions among multiple stakeholders to reach concrete decisions and productive outcomes.
• Monitoring schedules, deadlines and deliveries to ensure program commitments are executed on time and within budgets.
• Liaise with the Program Manager to support supervision of daily programs offered to ensure the respect, safety and security of residents, staff and visitors is maintained within the policies, procedure and philosophy of the supportive housing department and OCS/HHS.
• Ensure building and program operations comply with all required Health and Safety Standards and regulations including WHMIS and Food Safe.
• Liaise with Program Manager in relation to resident’s health and wellbeing, and work with the staffing team to ensure resident’s concerns or support needs are dealt with in a respectful manner as is reasonable and appropriate.
• Supervise the ongoing maintenance of training manuals and computerized records and documentation by performing audits to ensure accuracy of resident physical and virtual files, and statistical data.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to program delivery models.
• Determines staffing requirements and manages the recruitment and orientation for select staff; leads the internal deployment of staff to align with changing operational needs.
• Advertises for, interviews and hires qualified staff; defines duties; assigns workloads and arranges work schedules.
• Ensures that staff are trained and oriented in the performance of their duties.
• Ensures the training on Naloxone protocols in place for all employees and forwards records for personnel files.
• Conducts annual performance reviews of each manager and ensures that the managers conduct annual performance reviews of their staff; reports performance problems to DED and recommends appropriate measures for course correction as required.
• In consultation with the DED supervises, disciplines and conducts annual performance evaluations with all supervised employees and terminates employment when necessary.
• In consultation with DED and HR Manager, investigates staff complaints and grievances and disciplines or terminates employees in co-ordination with the HR Manager, as required.
• Manages employee relations matters in consultation with the DED and Human Resources.
• Supervises and provides direction, ongoing feedback, support and recognition to direct reports to ensure maximized individual and team performance.
• Works with direct reports to establish deliverables with measureable objectives and timelines, develop plans for skillset growth, and conduct formal performance reviews.
• Manages OCS and program change initiatives by applying best practices for informing and involving staff through the transitionService Area
Surrey/Delta/White Rock/LangleyAgency Name
Options Community Services Society