Family Services of Greater VancouverAgency Location
Lower MainlandPosition/Job Title
6-21 PRIYD Program AssistantProgram
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Program Assistant
Program Assistant Competition #6-21
DO YOU WANT A MEANINGFUL CAREER, HELPING OTHERS? JOIN US!
ABOUT FAMILY SERVICES OF GREATER VANCOUVER (FSGV)
We are a community-based, not-for profit organization with approximately 80 social services programs and 420 employees across Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. We provide counselling and other essential services to the most vulnerable people in our communities. For over 90 years, we’ve inspired and supported those who need help reaching their full potential. We work to ensure children are nurtured, youth find optimism, adults feel empowered, and parents make choices that build strong families.
Our values are:
We provide a supportive workplace for our staff and professional, effective services for our clients, including counselling, therapy, advocacy, education and community services.
HERE’S WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER
Reporting to the Co-Managers, PRIYD, the Office Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the administrative needs of the program are met and carried out in an efficient and supportive manner. This position includes providing direct administrative coordination and support. Possibility to work from home part of the time once comfortable in the role and approved by Co-Managers.
YOUR KEY CONTRIBUTIONS
• Responsible for the smooth operation and management of administrative aspects of the program.
• Provide administrative support with respect to all aspects of administrative work, word processing and distribution of correspondence, memoranda, forms, reports, and minutes of meetings, data entry and monthly statistics.
• Develop and maintain procedures and systems that affect the smooth functioning of the office and program. Ensure forms/documentation is appropriately updated and available. Maintain client files with additions, changes, and closures.
• Reconcile incoming ISW activity logs against ADP hourly ISW entries within 48 hours. Follow up with ISWs regarding missing or late logs, entries, and other questions. Ensure that hourly ISW time cards are accurate and up-to-date as of ADP deadline.
• Organize monthly logs for data entry, produce detailed monthly reports of program outputs for stakeholders, and produce Monthly Report packages for Liaison meetings with MCFD.
• Coordinate, book, and support various program, manager, and stakeholder meetings, including preparing, organizing and disseminating any pertinent meeting materials in a timely manner.
• Liaise with IT re computer issues, including new staff access to server, email, computer trouble-shooting, and Sharepoint.
• Maintain office supplies, resource materials and postage needs. Ensure that office equipment (voicemail, fax, copier, scanner, printer, etc.) is in good working order.
• Ensure the office is well maintained and building regulations are adhered to. Supervise service calls for repair, moving and storage of office equipment and furniture.
• Provide office orientation for new staff and organize office spaces, keys, voice mail, mail boxes and other equipment, systems and information, to support ISW job performance. .
• Update and maintain Iron Mountain Records. Ensure timely transfer of closed files to Iron Mountain.
2. Database Support
• Provide database and clerical support to Co-Managers with respect to MS Access from opening files to discharge and closure
• Analyze data and present information in a meaningful and engaging way
• Maintain accurate client spreadsheets
• Enter data for new clients and demographics, quarterly stats, and monthly reports
• Identify database efficiencies and opportunities for enhanced client data management
3. Financial Support
• Monitor, process and reconcile the petty cash float, and submit invoices to Accounting. Scan reimbursement document and receipts, save in Sharepoint for office record.
• Train and assist staff with completion of expense claims for Co-Management approval, including cheque requisitions and mileage forms, etc.
• Check ISW expense claims for accuracy and process according to reimbursement cycle.
• Reconcile PRIYD program visa purchases for approval and processing.
4. Health and Safety
• Liaise with the Health and Safety Rep to ensure that the Program Manual, the Health and Safety Manual, Office Policies Manual, and the online information for the Program are up to date and meet CARF accreditation standards.
• Keep Staff Emergency Contact List up to date and inform the Health and Safety Coordinator of any changes.
• Attend Health and Safety meetings, flag issues of concern related to compliance or adherence to co-managers and act as First Aid attendant for the site.
• Complete quarterly workplace inspections.
• Check and maintain supplies for first aid kits.
5. Quality Assurance
• Collect, collate and organize Client Satisfaction Surveys, Client Feedback forms and Stakeholder Feedback forms in preparation for the quarterly reports.
• Collect, collate and analyze data to support proposals, program performance review, as well as regular reports
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
FSGV provides a comprehensive compensation package, with pension and generous extended health benefits for our regular staff.
FSGV supports career development and training for staff to reach their potential, offering mentorship and professional advancement in a supportive environment. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values diversity and respect for all.
Work Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00-5:00 (Some flexibility and negotiability)
Salary Range: $38,000-$40,000
Location: 1638 E Broadway, Vancouver BC with the possibility to work some hours from home as deemed appropriate by Co-Managers.Job Posting Date
WHAT YOU BRING
Education, Training, Experience
• Minimum of a Grade XII diploma, plus 2-years post-secondary education in business or administration. Experience and Skills
• 3-years office coordinator/administrative experience .
• An equivalence of education and experience will be considered.
• Collaborative Communication, including teamwork & cooperation, interpersonal communication, diversity and cultural agility
• Personal Effectiveness, including integrity and ethical behavior, personal resilience, adaptability/flexibility, commitment to learning
• Personal Leadership, including influence, initiative, judgment and decision making, creativity and innovation
• Commitment to Excellence, including results focus, clent-centered service, planning and organizing, professional expertise and technological proficiency
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge of and ability to trouble shoot Windows-based applications, database systems management, and desktop publishing systems and knowledge of Microsoft Access and query/report building Is considered an asset
• Ability to design and implement effective and efficient administrative policies and systems.
• Ability to oversee a large program and geographic regions.
• Exceptionally resourceful, with the ability to effectively problem-solve.
• Ability to prioritize, manage time, and engage in multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
• Superior organizational skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Superior verbal and written communication skills.
• High degree of initiative and superior customer service skills.
• Demonstrated record of professional excellence.
Professional Certification, License or Registration Requirements:
o Successful completion of criminal record check Days and Hours of Work
Work Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00-5:00 (Some flexibility and negotiability)Wage & Salary
$38,000-$40,000 gross annuallyBenefits
with a competitive benefits package and pensionApplication Requirements
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you, please submit your application to us through our website:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Thank you for your interest.
FSGV is committed to the principles of diversity. We encourage applications from qualified people of all genders expressions and identities, sexual orientations, visible minorities, Indigenous persons and persons with disabilities.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your resume and cover letter (indicating the competition number #6-21 in email subject line) outlining your interest and relevant experience to your contact information to email@example.com
a for follow-up.
**if you are an internal candidate, please indicate “Internal Candidate” in the Comments section at the bottom of the online application**How to Submit Application
To apply click here: