How to Apply
Applications for the 2017 FCSSBC Youth Education Bursary are now closed. Applications for next year will be available in the fall of 2017.
If you have any questions about the bursary, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are currently in care or you are a former youth in care in the province of BC. This includes being under a continuing custody order (CCO); temporary custody order (TCO, Voluntary Agreement or Special Needs Agreement); or a Youth Agreement under British Columbia’s Child, Family and Community Services Act.
- You are a Canadian Citizen or a Landed Immigrant.
- You are 25 years old or younger in the year of your application.
- You are currently attending or planning to enroll in a post-secondary academic program in recognized public post-secondary institution. If you are unsure whether your school is a recognized Public institution, consult the list of Public Institutions on the BC Ministry of Advanced Education website.
- Your education plans relate to a career in the field of Human and Social Services. Examples include Social Work, Counselling, Child & Youth Care, Psychology, Community, Family & Child Studies, Gerontology & Social Work, Mental Health & Addictions, Pre-Social Work.
If you have questions about whether your area of study qualifies, please contact The Federation office.
The Foster Parent Support Services Society has compiled an online guide containing information on other bursaries, tuition waivers, scholarships, and awards available to children in and from government care in British Columbia. Learn more here.